Facebook on Thursday launched a long-awaited update to its iOS application that promises major speed improvements over its slow predecessor.
The updated universal Facebook application is now available (iTunes link) for download in the iOS App Store. The features in version 5.0, as detailed by the social networking site, are all about speed:
- We’ve rebuilt the app so it’s faster and easier to use.
- Scrolling through news feed is faster than ever
- New banner lets you tap to quickly see more stories – no need to refresh
- Photos open fast and close with one downward swipe
- Instant access to your notifications