The app allows you to find your next train, it's platform and any delays at the touch of a single button. Once you've caught your train, RailCommute lets you tell your chosen contacts (partner/friends/colleagues) what time you are due to arrive via Facebook and Twitter as well as text and email. Your train is then ‘tagged' so you can follow your progress en-route. Another great feature is the ability to view Twitter updates from your rail provider within the app – which when things go wrong is a great way of knowing what's happening! The app is powered and approved by Network Rail Enquires, so you also have peace of mind that the information is constant and accurate.
RailCommute is priced at £2.99 and is available for download from Apple's App Store now.
Trains to Work and Home
- Live train departures and arrivals so you can check quickly if your train is on time before leaving home or the office
- Live platform allocation to help you beat the scramble!
- User friendly interface which quickly highlights delayed trains
Where's my train?
- Live location of your train
I'm on this train!
- Let family, friends and colleagues know when your train is scheduled to arrive via email, text, Twitter and Facebook
- ‘Tag' the train you are on so you can follow status en-route
- Live Twitter status updates from your selected rail provider