Now available on the App Store
Get creative and use the MoMA Art Lab app to create a sound composition, a shape poem, a group drawing and more, then save and share your artwork (parental setting available). Digital play is a great way for families to learn about art, discover artists' processes and inspirations, and spend time together. The MoMA Art Lab app is intended for ages seven and up.
- Create and save your own artwork
- Play with shapes, lines, and colors
- Activities inspired by works of art, including:
- Create a sound composition
- Draw with scissors
- Make a line design
- Collaborate on a group drawing
- Create a shape poem
- Make a chance collage
- Creative prompts for extra inspiration
- Audio for pre-readers
- Learn about works of art at MoMA. Artists include Henri Matisse, Elizabeth Murray, Jean (Hans) Arp, Jim Lambie, Brice Marden, and others.
- Share your artwork with others
Please note that the sharing function in this app, which permits the user to share artwork with MoMA, and with others by e-mail or Twitter, is turned off by default so that parents can decide whether to permit their child to share their artwork. Instructions for enabling sharing can be found in the Information/For Parents section of the app.[iframe src=”http://www.moma.org/videos/embed/219/1108″ width=”550″ height=”413″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”]